(Shanghai, March 26, 2012) – Shanghai Disney Resort is launching its first recruitment campaign in Shanghai to hire skilled local talent to support the development of this world-class family vacation destination. This initial recruitment drive, the first of many recruitment initiatives, will focus on technical and creative positions required during the design and construction phase of Shanghai Disney Resort.
The first phase of recruitment is targeted to fill more than 100 highly-skilled positions in disciplines such as engineering design, project management, construction management, project integration, IT, procurement and finance. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for local talent to join a global leader in family entertainment and be part of the incredible "Cast Members and Imagineers", the terms used for Disney employees who imagine, design and build a place where dreams really do come true.
Localization is a key strategy in Shanghai Disney Resort's commitment to developing a destination that will be authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese. "Construction and operation of the project will generate significant economic growth and job creation in Shanghai and China, and will be a catalyst in Shanghai's drive to develop a modern service industry and international tourism destination," said Mike Crawford, General Manager of Shanghai Disney Resort. "In the coming years, the resort will recruit for a wide range of employment needs, and we will continue to generate significant employment opportunities for Chinese talent."
Education, experience and a passion for excellence will be considered as three key criteria when selecting candidates for Shanghai Disney Resort. "Disney is known across the world for selecting inspired and talented Cast Members and Imagineers and investing in their careers and their development. Shanghai Disney Resort will recruit those Cast Members and Imagineers in China who have the passion for service and creativity and are looking to build a career with Disney," said Greg Morley, Vice President of Human Resources, Shanghai Disney Resort. "In addition to our comprehensive training on Disney culture, we will also provide a wide range of service and skills training in order to prepare our new Cast to deliver world class Disney service to our guests in China."
To learn more about career opportunities at Shanghai Disney Resort and to apply, please visit our website at: shdrcareers.com/shanghai.
# # # #
About Shanghai Disney Resort
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, will be a place where friends and family can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort will include a park designed in the rich tradition of Disneyland theme parks around the world with the uniqueness and beauty of China, two themed hotels, a large retail, dining and entertainment venue and an array of recreation facilities.
The resort will be located in Pudong, Shanghai and is targeted to open at the end of 2015.
The resort is a joint venture between the Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group comprised of two owner companies and a management company. Shanghai Shendi Group holds 57% of the shares and Disney holds the remaining 43% of shares of the owner companies. Disney has a 70% stake and Shanghai Shendi Group has a 30% stake in the joint venture management company. The management company is responsible for creating, developing and operating the resort on behalf of the owner companies.